Questions to ask home care agencies before you retain their services
Finding and Selecting a Home Care Agency To qualify an agency for you to hire, they should answer the following questions:
1. Please provide documentation that your agency is registered?
2. Does your agency not have any citations or fines from the State?
3. Does the agency have literature describing its services, fees, and billing? If so, will they send you copies?
4. Does the agency work with the client to develop a written plan of care or service contract?
5. Are your caregivers’ employees of the agency or are they independent contractors? (Use agency employees)
6. Does the agency pay workers’ compensation insurance and payroll taxes for its workers?
7. Does the agency provide written explanations of client and family rights?
8. How do the agency screen workers and assess their competency?
9. Are your agency caregivers and supervisors available 24/7/365?
10. How does the agency investigate complaints and/or resolve conflicts between its staff and clients?
11. Can the agency document that it carries professional & general liability insurance?
12. Will the agency provide a list of at least three references